Arthroscopic Elbow Release
PHASE I: Early ROM (0 to 4 weeks)
- Soft postop dressing remains in place for the first week.
- Sutures will be removed by physician in 10-14 days.
- Extension splint to be worn at night.
- Dynamic splinting rarely used.
- Initiate ROM exercises 5 times per day:
- AAROM and PROM into flexion, extension, supination and pronation
- No restrictions on elbow ROM
- Grip ROM and strengthening exercises
- Notify physician if drainage from portals persists 10 days after surgery.
PHASE II: Restore Function (>4 weeks)
- Progress active and passive ROM as tolerated.
- Initiate gentle elbow and forearm strengthening.
- Discontinue night splint.
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.